I am in Las Vegas for HP Discover 2012 which is HP’s annual event for IT professionals.
It has already been very productive, with announcements and briefings on the exciting new HP B6200 which if the fastest dedupe system currently offered on this planet, and HP’s involvement with Apache Hardoop.
It also promises to be much more, so stay tuned.
A description of HP Discover follows…
HP DISCOVER 2012
HP Discover 2012 features keynotes by IT thought leaders, the HP Discover Zone, and 800+ business and technical sessions.
- Convert data into value, technology into solutions, and opportunity into economic and social impact.
- Go in-depth on NonStop, HP-UX, OpenVMS, Storage. There will be 25+ Hands-on Labs available at the conference. Labs are longer than regular breakouts, so you have time to dive into the details. See all tracks and options in the Session Catalog.
- See the complete ecosystem of HP and partner solutions for enterprise business, all in one place at the same time.
- Get 5 free certification exams worth $875
At HP Discover 2012 you’ll be part of things as HP:
- Showcases game-changing innovations in software, hardware, services, and networking
- Offers technical-focused breakouts, hands-on labs, demo sessions, and non-disclosure sessions with answers to the most challenging technical questions
- Hosts an exposition showcasing HP’s products and solutions as well as hundreds of key partner offerings
- Gives you a meeting place for sharing among subject matter experts, HP partners, and peers
- Helps you find many opportunities to save money and advance professionally through onsite certification testing
- Offers THE place to learn to achieve unprecedented levels of IT flexibility, automation, security, insight, and speed
These pivotal times with converged cloud, converged infrastructure, mobility, information optimization and more advancing rapidly are reminiscent of the time when client/server technology displaced mainframe computing. These technological innovations will structure the way we live and work for decades.
- Jeffrey Katzenberg - Chief Executive Officer and a Co-Founder and Director of DreamWorks Animation SKG
- Meg Whitman - President and Chief Executive Officer
- Todd Bradley – Executive Vice President, Printing and Personal Systems Group
- Dave Donatelli - Executive Vice President and General Manager, Enterprise Group
- Michael Lynch - Executive Vice President, Information Management, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Autonomy, an HP Company
- Bill Veghte - Chief Strategy Officer & Executive Vice President, HP Software
- John Visentin - Executive Vice President, Enterprise Services
- Kunal Nayyar – Actor - HP Discover 2012 Emcee
See the full agenda for HP Discover 2012
HP DISCOVER ZONE
An exciting snapshot of everything happening in the world of enterprise IT, HP Discover Zone will feature the largest collection of enterprise IT business innovations. This exposition will showcase the complete ecosystem of HP and partner solutions. The HP Discover Zone will connect you with the people who imagine, design, build, and integrate solutions that can supercharge your IT—and your business. Compare products and solutions and talk with the subject matter experts. See the Exposition participants.
Welcome Reception Hello Las Vegas and HP Discover 2012! Reconnect with old friends, relax, and enjoy beverages and hors d'oeuvres at the Welcome Reception on Monday evening.
Madagascar 3 Screening
Special guest speaker Jeffrey Katzenberg will talk about the strong collaboration between HP and DreamWorks and will offer a sneak peek at Madagascar 3. Learn how HP servers, storage, networking, and cloud services empower DreamWorks’ animation.
The entertainment for HP's largest customer conference has always been something special, and the 2012 Thursday evening celebration upholds that tradition. This year's gathering features not one headliner, but two, beginning with Sheryl Crow followed by the legendary founding member of the Eagles, Don Henley.
This is HP’s largest global conference for customers and partners attracting 10,000 IT executives, managers, architects, engineers, and solution experts from around the world. Join them to network and explore pivotal technology developments, best practices, and strategies.
HP Discover 2012 is the best opportunity for HP customers and partners to learn new ways of making HP technology work for them.